Sunday, March 8, 2009

wish list

I wish to write with such passion as real writers do…
I wish to vividly narrate things, situations, and emotions like great novelists do
To capture scenes of never land,
Create fairy tales and let my pen wander with my thoughts
I hope to put into words… great adventures humanity never heard of before
And will never forget beyond infinity
I always wanted to paint marvelous pictures with the kaleidoscope of my words
In oil, in water colors and even in simple crayons
Never in my life did I ever stop dreaming of becoming an artist…
Fearlessly, shamelessly, passionately
Expressing every detail of my thoughts,
Every bit of emotions,
With a fierce lust overwhelmingly swallowing the smallest qualms
Of being true to thy self…of feeding thy starving spirit… of quenching thy thirsty soul
Devouring to every crumbs of truth and realities
Satisfying the hunger for answers
To every question on thy life’s purpose and life itself
I always wish to give another name to lucky stars,
To beautiful dreams, to heaven, to paradise
I always wanted to give new physiques to guardian angels,
Fairy godmothers, the charmed witches and Saint Nicholas
That makes every soul’s wishes come true, never failing them


But is there any other names?
Any other images aside from what the other great writers, poets, lyricists, novelists before me ever created?
What if the things I considered extra-special turns out to be very trivial in some people’s eyes?
What if my wealth turns out to be other people’s trash?
I only have one answer… and a long one at that…
I may be an ordinary creature in this extremely bewildering world…
My words may be other people’s curse
My thoughts may be other people’s regrets and disappointments
My dream may be other people’s nightmares and frustrations
But they are all mine… and mine alone
They reflect my spirit…my soul…my essence as a person, as an individual
And that what makes it extra-special… they are my own
I don’t have to compare myself to anyone
I don’t have to be someone else but myself
I am my own world…as they are their own
I captain my own ship… as they do their own…well, for some of them
I don’t have to prove anything to other people
For I only have to answer to myself…
I am me, and I’m glad this is me…

No comments:

Post a Comment